Chicago – Bo Jackson's Elite Sports Presents "Success in Sports" 1st Annual Dinner on Thursday, January 16th at DiNolfo's Banquets in Homer Glen, Illinois. A percentage of the proceeds will support the Give Me A Chance Foundation, which is a 501(c)3 corporation that inspires disadvantaged youth to become involved in sports by providing an opportunity to train at an elite level while emphasizing a strong commitment to education.
Players (and their parents) spend countless hours and invest significant dollars to work on their skill development, strength, speed, etc. When we talk to those athletes and parents after they have spent a couple of years at the college or professional level they all say that they wish they had spent more time understanding the next level, and learning more about what the coaches at that next level look for and expect. The "Success in Sports" dinner will be a great opportunity for players and parents to gain a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful high level athlete.
Additionally, this forum will be unbelievable for coaches (college, high school or travel). As a coach you are a mentor to your athletes. To be able to get candid perspective and have open Q & A with Bo Jackson, Pat Murphy, and Greg Hudson will be a night you will most certainly remember and you WILL bring value back to your program.
- Greg Hudson: Current Defensive Coordinator – Purdue University Football; former Linebacker Coach and Assistant Head Coach at Florida State University 2010-2012. Played linebacker at U of Notre Dame and was a catcher on the ND Baseball team as well.
- Pat Murphy: Current AAA Manager – San Diego Padres; former Head Coach at Arizona State University (15 years), and U of Notre Dame (7 years); 1,000 career NCAA victories as a Head Coach; 1998 NCAA National Coach of the Year
- Bo Jackson: Owner of Bo Jackson's Elite Sports, and former MLB and NFL player. Recognized by ESPN Sports Science as the "Greatest Athlete of All Time"; NCAA Heisman Trophy winner (1985), MLB All Star (1989) and NFL All-Pro (1990)
Here are just some of the topics that will be discussed:
- Player evaluation – understanding what coaches look for
- Personal development – these speakers will share examples of players they have been around who had the best roadmap to succeed, and other players who were labeled "can't miss" prospects who never made it and why they failed.
- Outside influences – good and bad and how they shape your opportunities
- Coaches – you will deal with many different coaches in your life. These speakers have coached at the highest level, hear why certain players make them want to put that guy on the field and why
- Game time – what are the common traits of "gamers" who they have coached
- Question and Answer – There will be significant time for Q & A with all three speakers so you can influence the experience of the evening
Thursday, January 16, 2014
6:00pm – Doors Open
7:00pm – Dinner
8:00-10:00pm – Presentation
14447 W. 159th Street
Homer Glen, Illinois 60491
Competitive Athletes (College, High School & Junior High)
Parents of Athletes
Coaches (College, High School, & Travel)
$75 – Individual Ticket
$600 – Table of 10
Includes dinner & after-dinner presentation
Relaxed Business (jeans are acceptable, collared shirt is required)
Click here to visit the official "Success in Sports" 1st Annual Dinner webpage!